Monday, February 4, 2008

LOST: A Quick Update

After watching the season premier a second time, I realized two things: A) I have a very sad, base addiction, and B) since Hurley told the detective that he did not know Ana Lucia, and since the mysterious lawyer asked if "they" were still alive, then the official story concerning the crash must be that only six survived. Even Oceanic doesn't know the truth, though they (or whoever the lawyer really represents) harbor strong suspicions. Who, then, delivered the Oceanic Six to the mainland and orchestrated the lie? Probably the same company who owns the boat, the same company who staged the crash site at the bottom of the ocean.

And after doing some further reading online, I learned two more things: 1) I absolutely must find a life, and 2) Christian Shepherd, Jack's father, was the figure rocking in Jacob's cabin. This news, combined with the most recent mobisode (the mobisodes being short clips released by ABC running up to the season premier) where Vincent, Michael's dog, encounters Christian in the woods, right after the crash, Christian's other appearances on the island, and his close connection with those others who are lost (Claire's father, Sawyer's drinking partner, Ana Lucia's employer), suggests that Christian will not be leaving the show any time soon, and may in fact play an integral part in the whole island's structure.

Is Christian Shepherd Jacob? Why is his name so Messianic? What other things can I do with my time? Your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cass, I am with you in the whole Jacob/Christian thing. That's what I've thought from the beginning. Here's my questions: Remember when Alex's boyfriend (I'm at a loss for his name) is in the room on the second island with the brainwashing slide show with contents of "God" and "Jacob"? What is the significance between that and Christian? Remind me, when is it revealed that Christian is Shannon and Boone's stepfather's surgeon?