Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Make New Friends, III

This Sunday after church, I found even more students who needed to hang out with other people. Among them were Steve, an actual, real life Steve (I've always wanted to meet a real and good Steve), who is getting his Ph.D. in History, going through the Vatican archives. I assume the Vatican archives are filled with different copies of the same four books. Another was Danny, a career study abroad student, who is in Rome for the long haul, as in, until she gets her degree.

Danny, having been in Rome last semester, agreed to hold a crepe party for all the new students. You know, the really thin pancakes.

On Monday we all came to her apartment in the Campo di Fiori, which is prime real estate, if you don't mind me saying so (and since you can't talk back, I'm just assuming that not only you don't mind, but you actual support this claim). There were probably five Arkansas students, and the rest came from John Cabot, which is the English speaking university here in Rome that most come to study at. Steve, the brigand, did not show.

In an attempt to impress my new friends, I told them all I was a wonderous cook, and proceeded to boil five cherry Starburst to use as filling in my crepe. Now, I haven't compiled a long list of accomplishments in the kitchen, but boiling Starbursts goes directly at the bottom of my culinary achievement rankings. I didn't let anyone else eat it (although no one wanted to), and told everyone it was fantastic.

Oh yeah, and we celebrated Danny's and my birthdays, early.

1 comment:

Luke said...

Cass-

Have you had a chance to see LOST yet?

Luke